Try this quick and easy fine hair care routine. Follow these pro tips to show you how to infuse fine hair with more volume and how to achieve long-lasting bouncy volume for fine hair.
Fine Hair Care Checklist
Volumizing Hair Care Products for Fine Hair
- Silicone-free volumizing hairspray is important to any fine hair care regimen. Pro tip: lightly spray at the roots of hair for instant, subtle volume that won’t weigh hair down.
- Hair thickening serum that is 99% derived from natural sources and promotes thicker looking hair and a healthy scalp is one of the best hair and scalp treatments for fine hair.
- Lightweight moisturizing conditioner with creatine adds volume to fine hair without weighing it down. Bonus: choose one that is 96% derived from natural sources for fine natural hair care.
- When blow-drying, use a diffuser head to add volume with minimal hair breakage. Pro tip: when blow-drying, skip the brush. This will minimize breakage and keep cuticles from lying flat and limp.
- For instant volume, tap microscopic hair filler fibers onto thin, fine hair. The fibers will cling to hairs and add instant va-va-voom volume.
Flat, Limp and Fine hair – Best Hairstyles for Fine Hair
- Choose a haircut with layers around the face to give fine hair movement and volume.
- Add a slight wave to mid-length fine hair and curl just the ends to update beachy waves, spotted on Mad Men actress January Jones.
- Style fine hair with deep side-swept bangs to add fullness to fine hair around the face, as seen on model Poppy Delevingne.
- Color hair with multi-dimensional highlights in several lighter shades for a 3-D effect that adds depth and volume to fine hair.
How to Care for Fine Hair
- Post-shampoo, wet fine hair is fragile. If you must brush hair, use a wide-toothed comb. Do not wring out wet hair, instead gently blot with a tee-shirt to minimize breakage.
- For fine hair protection from heat and styling products, use a heat protectant spray before blow-drying.
Fine hair care tips are selecting lightweight, nourishing silicone-free hair products that add shine without weighing hair down. Choose thickening serums that add volume while maintaining a healthy scalp. And minimize damage to wet hair by blow-drying with a diffuser head, and blotting hair dry with a cotton tee-shirt. See your hairstylist and colorist for the right haircut, style and color tailored for fine hair care. Most of all, add volume to fine hair from the inside out with a clinically proven hair growth supplement for women. This will nourish hair follicles and promote the growth of thicker hair from within.