How fast does hair grow? How can you accelerate healthy hair growth in a month?
You can speed up hair growth.
The average hair growth rate is surprisingly slow:
- a half millimeter per day
- a half inch per month
- 6 inches per year
Natural Ways to Speed Up Hair Growth
- Improve your diet and you could speed up hair growth and see fuller, thicker hair in as little as 2 months. Eat the right combination of proteins, minerals and vitamins for hair growth. Your diet should include a balanced mix of B vitamins, vitamin C, Iron, Zinc and high-quality proteins, including fish as well as lean meat, chicken and beans, from natural sources. A good healthy diet for fuller hair helps nourish hair follicles via the bloodstream.
- Slow down to speed up. High levels of stress can impact everything from our skin to sleep to hair. Experts say that stress hormones have been shown to contribute to hair loss due to alopecia areata. So stop, take a breath, and try to stay relaxed even during your most high-stress times to improve not just your appearance but your overall health.
- Invigorate your scalp. It’s not a miracle hair growth treatment, but keeping your scalp invigorated and clean creates the ideal environment for healthy hair growth. Better circulation on the scalp improves blood flow to the hair follicles, maintaining the flow of nutrients to hair.
- Do not overstyle. Hair growth begins from within, but when you use heat-styling tools at high temperatures and elaborate hairstyles with tight braids, and excessive pulling and tugging, it damages hair and increases hair breakage. No matter how healthy hair is on the inside, if you cause breakage on the outside, you’ll never achieve thick or fast hair growth.
Unfortunately, hair growth is due to lots of factors that are out of our control, including age, hormones, genetics and illness. But there are always steps you can take to speed up hair growth and prevent other causes of hair loss, including diet, stress, poor scalp conditions and overstyling. Follow these tips to stimulate rapid hair growth naturally.
Bonus styling tip: Keep your heat tools on high heat. It may be counter-intuitive, but keeping styling tools at higher temperatures means that you won’t have to apply to hair as often to achieve the same results, and so will minimize hair damage.
Curious to know whether saw palmetto helps hair growth? Read saw palmetto and hair growth – the results.
Your diet could be preventing hair growth. Know the 5 hair vitamins to eat now.