The MTV reality show alum Lauren Conrad shares her summer beauty secrets in US Weekly.
The MTV reality show alum shares 6 of her insider beauty tips for summer in Us Weekly, including advice to “pop some vitamins.” Twice a day, the magazine reports, the fashionista and designer takes “Viviscal’s …marine extract-packed supplements to keep hair healthy.” The Paper Crown and LC Lauren Conrad designer confesses, “’I wash my hair every three days, and I try to air-dry it. Heat causes damage; skipping a step helps.’”
Lauren Conrad’s other summer beauty secrets:
1. Sunproof hair color – to keep hair looking nice and protect her signature blonde color, LC coats her locks with conditioner and puts it up in a topknot before hitting the beach
2. Draw lines that won’t budge – LC lightens up her summer makeup because “’it tends to crease,’” with the exception of waterproof eyeliner from Mark (by Avon)
3. Overdose on fruit –Conrad advises swapping out your musky winter perfume for a lighter scent, like Chanel Chance’s “citrus-spiked sister”
4. Lighten lips – Everyone loves a red lip, but summer’s hot days call for shiny sheer tints by Christian Dior or Tarte, says LC
5. Renew parched skin – for desert-dwelling California girls, moisturizer is a summer must-have; Lauren recommends an ecofriendly, olive oil-beeswax jelly for lips and, in extreme dyeing or overprocessing mishaps, as an overnight hair mask