Sunscreen is important. This does not only apply to your face, body and overall skin, but also for your hair as well. Too often we forget about our hair until it is so dry, frizzy and unruly that we cannot do a thing with it. Sure, there are plenty of oil treatments and conditioners, but [...]
DHT blockers help to prevent the hormone testosterone from reacting with 5-alpha reductase and producing dihydrotestosterone, which bonds with androgen receptors at the root of hair follicles and interrupts the normal hair-growth cycle by denying nutrients to hair shafts. FDA-approved treatments that block DHT help arrest thinning hair and stimulate dormant follicles to resume normal [...]
Social media have become very influential in the world of fashion, makeup, hairstyling and trendsetting. Fashion-forward people chat with their friends and peers before changing their hair styles, buying new wardrobes or pursuing cosmetic strategies to change their appearances. Boutiques, hairstylists and clothing designers check Facebook and Twitter before introducing new clothing lines and customer [...]
Thinning hair develops in some people as they grow older and others at earlier ages, but personal appearance, healthy hair and social confidence are always important. You need not be embarrassed by thinning hair because you can choose from several strategies to ameliorate hair loss and enhance your personal appearance. Some people employ multiple methods [...]
Scientists, clinicians and hair care product companies gathered to share their knowledge and exchange ideas regarding clinical hair research at the 7th World Congress for Hair Research in Edinburgh, Scotland, which was held from the 4th through the 6th of May in 2013. The conference is a haven for like-minded hair health professionals looking to [...]
Men’s hairstyles change less frequently than women’s styles because classic cuts and superior styling create put-together looks that resists the pressures of transitory trends. Frankly, men embrace change more slowly and stick with conservative looks that work for them. You can always look fashionable by getting frequent precision cuts, grooming carefully and taking care of [...]
Simplicity ruled the runway during New York Fashion Week and beyond as collections are still being shown all over the world. Designers opted for simple and easy to achieve hair and makeup choices, to accent their collections. More often than not, runway hair and makeup trends are fun to see on models, but were difficult [...]
Few things can be more frustrating to a man than going bald. Honestly, it really does bother most men. What’s the culprit behind male baldness? It’s the male hormone Dihydrotestosterone, otherwise known as DHT. This hormone is essential to human male development, including changes in the voice, the production of acne, hair growth and the [...]
A woman’s body undergoes many changes during pregnancy, but one of the most jarring transformations actually comes after the baby is born. Many women are surprised when they suddenly find themselves shedding inordinate amounts of hair a few months after giving birth. However, this is a perfectly normal part of life, and the loss is [...]
It happened to me. I used to chuckle at the older women in my office as they fanned themselves and stripped off their cardigans only to put them back on after a few minutes. I listened to them complain about their weight gain. I noticed the new hairstyle trending was going short and gray. Then [...]
Welcome to the Viviscal® Hair Growth Program.
- Have Fun with Your Hair This Summer May 21, 2013
- Choosing Whether to Begin DHT Therapy May 21, 2013
- Social Media Influence on Hair Styles and Fashion May 20, 2013
- Figure-Eight Braids and Other Tips to Disguise Thinning Hair May 20, 2013
- Viviscal Is First Hair Growth Supplement to Present to Prestigious Hair Research Group May 17, 2013
- Win a 3 Months Supply of Viviscal September 27, 2012
- Viviscal Holiday Giveaway!! December 14, 2011
- Make Your Beauty Treatment Last February 13, 2012
- Hyperthyroidism Caused My Hair to Fall Out August 31, 2012
- An Endless Search for Hair Loss Remedies August 6, 2012
- kristie: So glad to see this, I always wondered how they d...
- Carol Jones: I attribute my hair loss/thinning to lifes changes...
- Julia: I'm a big fan of braids, so I am happy to hear th...
- Tsesu: I have a head full of hair. It is lot. But the pro...
- Esperanza M. Ortiz: I can't wait to try this .. Woot!!...