It is the collection of strands clinging to your pillow, or the stringy mass swirling down the drain during a shower: It is called telogen effluvium, and it is the second most common form of hair loss according to the American Hair Loss Association. Following a major emotional or physical upset, heightened stress levels can [...]
Viviscal was proud to recently be featured in a segment on Channel 2 KPRC, Houston’s number one television station. KPRC reporter Lauren Freeman interviewed both doctors and hair stylists to learn more about the benefits of Viviscal and to find out if this amazing product really lives up to its hype. “Anything for hair loss [...]
Those of us who are proudly hair-obsessed are a little baffled by Kristen Stewart. Kristen is a beautiful girl, but she just can’t seem to be bothered to do her hair before she leaves the house, no matter how fancy of an event she’s headed to. If we could sit Kristen down and have a [...]
Hair serves the function of protecting the head and keeping the body temperature even. But when people face hair loss, it is primarily their appearance that is of concern. Hair is one of the first features people notice, and it is certainly a focus of good grooming. Because of the importance people place on hair, [...]
Sunscreen is important. This does not only apply to your face, body and overall skin, but also for your hair as well. Too often we forget about our hair until it is so dry, frizzy and unruly that we cannot do a thing with it. Sure, there are plenty of oil treatments and conditioners, but [...]
DHT blockers help to prevent the hormone testosterone from reacting with 5-alpha reductase and producing dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which bonds with androgen receptors at the root of hair follicles and interrupts the normal hair-growth cycle by denying nutrients to hair shafts. FDA-approved treatments that block DHT help arrest thinning hair and stimulate dormant follicles to resume [...]
Social media have become very influential in the world of fashion, makeup, hairstyling and trendsetting. Fashion-forward people chat with their friends and peers before changing their hair styles, buying new wardrobes or pursuing cosmetic strategies to change their appearances. Boutiques, hairstylists and clothing designers check Facebook and Twitter before introducing new clothing lines and customer [...]
Thinning hair develops in some people as they grow older and others at earlier ages, but personal appearance, healthy hair and social confidence are always important. You need not be embarrassed by thinning hair because you can choose from several strategies to ameliorate hair loss and enhance your personal appearance. Some people employ multiple methods [...]
Scientists, clinicians and hair care product companies gathered to share their knowledge and exchange ideas regarding clinical hair research at the 7th World Congress for Hair Research in Edinburgh, Scotland, which was held from the 4th through the 6th of May in 2013. The conference is a haven for like-minded hair health professionals looking to [...]
Men’s hair styles change less frequently than women’s styles because classic cuts and superior styling create put-together looks that resist the pressures of transitory trends. Frankly, men embrace change more slowly and stick with conservative looks that work for them. You can always look fashionable by getting frequent precision cuts, grooming carefully and taking care [...]
Welcome to the Viviscal® Hair Growth* Program.
- Keep Your Cool and Reduce Hair Loss June 3, 2013
- Houston TV News Show Asks If Viviscal Really Works May 30, 2013
- Get Fresher, Fuller Hair: The Five Tips We’d Give Kristen Stewart May 30, 2013
- Hair Loss Is Often Associated With Aging May 29, 2013
- Have Fun with Your Hair This Summer May 21, 2013
- Win a Three-Month Supply of Viviscal September 27, 2012
- Figure-Eight Braids and Other Tips to Disguise Thinning Hair May 20, 2013
- Viviscal Helped Me When My Hair Began to Fall Out August 31, 2012
- In-Style Hair for Spring 2013 February 14, 2013
- Menopause and Hair Loss – A Personal Account February 22, 2013
- Mariana: Hi Samantha! I was looking for some information ab...
- Cliphair: Thanks for all these great tips! I think using hai...
- kristie: So glad to see this, I always wondered how they d...
- Carol Jones: I attribute my hair loss/thinning to lifes changes...
- Julia: I'm a big fan of braids, so I am happy to hear th...